The Federal Bar Association
Oklahoma City Chapter
2016 Holloway Scholars Program Application Now Available and Due by October 3, 2016
The 2016 Holloway Scholars Program application is available here. Recipients will be recognized on December 1, 2016, at the annual William J. Holloway, Jr. Lecture, an event sponsored by the Oklahoma City Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and open to the public. Each recipient will receive an award of at least $1,500.
To be eligible for the 2016 Holloway Scholars program, you must have completed at least one year of academic course work in a Juris Doctor program at an ABA-accredited law school within the Western District of Oklahoma. You also must be a law student associate member of the Federal Bar Association by the date of your application submission. Information on how to become a law student associate member of the Federal Bar Association is available at www.fedbar.org.
The selection criteria for scholarship recipients includes:
- Commitment to the pursuit of a legal career in practice areas involving the federal courts
- Commitment to and actions demonstrating ethics, civility, and professionalism
- Academic merit (undergraduate/graduate/law school)
- Written and oral communication skills determined through the application and interview process
- Leadership qualities and community involvement
- Financial need
Applications will be accepted through October 3, 2016. Applicants must submit these required documents to be considered:
- Completed application form found here
- Academic transcripts (undergraduate/graduate school/law school)
- Contact information for 3 references, at least one of whom can speak to the applicant's commitment to civility, ethics, and professionalism
- A written statement (no more than 2 typewritten pages, double-spaced) describing how the applicant meets the criteria for the scholarship
The completed application form and accompanying materials must be submitted no later than October 3, 2016, to the Dean of Students of the law school the applicant is attending.